If you want to enjoy clean air at home without spending a lot of money, consider making your own air purifier. There are a number of ways to do this, and the following guide will show you how to make an effective and inexpensive air purifier that will work well in any room.
How to make homemade air purifier?
- One way to make an air purifier is to use a HEPA filter. These filters are designed to remove 99.97% of all airborne particles, including pollen, dust mites, and pet dander. If you have allergies or asthma, a HEPA filter can be a great way to reduce your symptoms.
2. Another option for making an air purifier is to use an activated carbon filter. These filters are also very effective at removing airborne particles, but they are not as good at capturing larger particles. If you have pets or smoke cigarettes, an activated carbon filter may be a better option for you.
To make your own air purifier, you will need a few supplies:
- A container that is big enough to hold the filter material. A coffee can or oatmeal can works well for this purpose;
- Airtight lid to keep the dust and dirt out. A mason jar with a screw-on lid works well for this;
- Filter material. Coffee filters, cotton balls, and even old socks can be used for this purpose.
Once you have all of your supplies, you are ready to begin.
1.Start by cutting a hole in the top of the container large enough to fit the filter material snugly.
2.Then, place the filter material inside of the container. Secure the lid tightly and shake the container to distribute the material evenly.
3.Now, it is time to test your purifier. Place a small amount of water on thefilter material and wait a few minutes. If the water becomes cloudy, your purifier is working properly. If not, you may need to adjust the amount of water you are using or try a different type of filter material.
When you are satisfied with the performance of your air purifier, you can now enjoy clean, fresh air at home. Just remember to replace the filter material every few months to keep your purifier working properly.
Another way to make a homemade air purifier
You will need:
- 1 small box fan
- 1 furnace filter
- 2 rubber bands
- 1 piece of cardboard
1. Cut a hole in the center of the cardboard that is slightly smaller than the fan blades. Place the cardboard over the fan so that the blade is facing down through the hole. Secure in place with rubber bands.
2. Cut the furnace filter to fit snugly around the circumference of the fan. Place the filter over the fan, making sure that the side with the metal mesh is facing outwards. Secure in place with rubber bands.
3. Turn on the fan and enjoy your new air purifier!